Strength WOD at CFI
I decided to try an evening class at Crossfit Impavidus to switch things up last night. The only issue is that I have to get up the next morning and workout. It’s tough on the body.
Last night with trainer Nate was a strength session. Nate is a good trainer – he goes over form and really pushes you when you need it but also realizes when it’s enough. So far, I have really liked all the trainers at CFI – each have their own style but all good.
10 pass thrus
10 pull ups
10 air squats
20 DU/Jump Ropes
(b) means that the reps were broken. I did 2 then had to drop the bar, did another 2, and then 1 more for a total of 5. I have bruises on the ends of my shoulders from this lift but that’s the price you pay to be strong. 140# for someone like me is pretty good –it’s more than my body weight, so I’m good with it.
We finished the workout with some mobility work. It’s amazing how doing some stretching with a band can really make all the difference in how you feel. We did some shoulder pulls and some hamstring work with the blue band. Here’s to mobility!!
- Birthday Wishes for Nate Dogg
- Happy Birthday Baby Nate
- When the Mental Game Kicks In
- Coach Carl Paoli: Learn to Move so you can Move to Learn
- Make Every Day Count
- Don’t Forget Your Hamstrings
- Love those Burpees Said No One Ever
- Mobility is Important in your CrossFit Training!
- Working Wounded Games: Nov 10 2012 at CrossFit Rubicon
- You Will Not Be That Kid