Tomorrow is Dress in Blue Day for Colon Cancer Awareness
When is Dress in Blue Day?
It is celebrated on the first Friday of March. In 2011, Dress in Blue Day is Friday, March 4th.
What is Dress in Blue Day?
The purpose of Dress in Blue Day is to promote awareness about colon cancer and encourage people to get their colon checked.
Why do we need to raise awareness of colon cancer?
- * Colon cancer is the 2nd leading cause of cancer deaths in the U.S.
- * Approximately 150,000 Americans will be diagnosed with colon cancer each year.
- * Colon cancer often has no symptoms at all until it’s at an advanced stage.
- * Colon cancer is 80% preventable when detected early.
- * You can reduce your risk through regular screenings.
- * Beginning at age 50 (or earlier if you have a family history), everyone should get their colon checked.
- March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month Which Means I Run a 5K
- David Bowie: The Fabric of My Youth
- Stand Up to Cancer: 2015 Crush Cancer Event
- Seven Years Cancer Free: Breathe
- Five Years
- Seeing Crystal Clearly
- Make a Leap
- Hoagie’s Heroes: Scope it Out 5K March 24 2013
- Let’s Stand Up to Cancer
- Saturday Ramblings from Suburbia