Archive for May 28, 2012
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 1 medium banana (the browner, the better)
- 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin (I used canned Pure Pumpkin)
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/8 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips or dark chocolate chips
- 1.5 cups roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pull out your handy dandy food processor. It will make life soooo much easier. Add your cashews to the food processor to grind down.
- Once your get a fine cashew meal, add your walnut oil while your food processor is still on until you get a cashew butter.
- Then add your peeled banana and pureed pumpkin to your food processor with your cashews. Turn your food processor on and let combine for a minute or so until you have a soupy paste. Taste it. It’s stupid delicious.
- Now in a large bowl, whisk your eggs, then add your cashew/banana mixture along with almond meal/flour, baking soda and powder, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Mix to combine until you get a batter.
- Now fold in your blueberries and chocolate chips.
- Grease a bread pan with some coconut oil. I used a loaf pan that was 9.3×5.2 inches (weird numbers) and it worked well. You could use smaller for taller loaf of bread, just may cook differently.
- Pour batter into your greased loaf pan. Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until bread is cooked through and the top of your loaf has a bit of a “crisp” to it.
- Let bread cool for about 10 minutes.
Be careful how many blueberries you add, it can get a bit too moist if you’re not careful.