Ladies: Don’t Be Afraid of Strength Training
25 power snatch #65
50 pull ups
75 1 Pood KB swings
Here’s an interesting entry I came across about women and lifting weights that may resonate with some of you out there…
The more muscle and bone mass you have, the greater the acid-buffering power you create.
Pay attention to this particular bit of info:
6) In my 30 years of experience as a strength coach, for every pound of lean tissue gained, there was an equal amount of bodyfat loss. In other words, the body composition changed dramatically. For example, a female executive weighing in at 132 pounds with 20 percent bodyfat has about 25 pounds of fat. So if she gains about eight pounds of muscle mass and loses eight pounds of fat at the same time in 10 weeks, her bodyfat will be 13 percent at the end of the 10 weeks. Her body will look tremendously better.
So morale of the story: Ladies, get out there and strength train. Don’t be afraid of it, don’t shy away from it. It has so many benefits including helping you not work as hard keeping the bod in check! And I promise, you won’t get bulky.
- Attention Lady Weightlifters – Here’s some info you need to know
- Getting Back on Track
- CrossFit Certified – Level 1
- Strength Day WOD
- Strength Day Workout
- Get out of Bed and Live!
- Friday Group Training with Planks
- Strength training is about body, mind and spirit
- Should Females Train Differently Than Males?
- 5 Key Reminders to finding Balance