My World on Instagram
- Salad. #paleo #lunch #crossfit #saladtime #eatclean #protein
- You got this. #paleo #crossfit #wellness #quotes #quote #mondaymotivation
- It's a great day when you go to workout and you run into one of your favorite pals @krsheehan1 and you suffer together!! @solidcoreva @solidcore #wellness #weekend #selfie #crossfit #noexcuses
- Make your own statement. #paleo #CrossFit wellness #weekend #quote #quote #dreambig
- It's our own journey. #paleo #crossfit #quotes #quote #wellness #weekend
- Great #boxing sesh this morning #sweatfest #wellness #chickswhobox #crossfit #weekend
- Sangria #tgif #wellness #datenight #drank
- #truth #wellness #paleo #crossfit #quotes #quote #tgif
- Complimentary fruit water and towels added to a hard workout #crossfit #wellness #eatclean #noexcuses #workhard
The Community on Facebook
Did anyone watch the BBC nutrition debate this morning? A very interesting debate on should we be eating fats, or carbohydrates, and is saturated fat bad? No wonder people are confused, even the experts argue, and even they quote different bodies of science, so who's right.... ? This is where I feel sorry for people trying to do the right thing by their health, if a Dietician and a Professior in the field can't agree on some of the fine detail, which clouds the overall message (where they agree on 90% of things), how do people make their mind up? One say's don't have full fat milk, the other says do, what to think... For me we need to look at what we do know... 1. Calories DO matter, eat too much, you will get fat. So, to maintain weight, or lose weight, we all need to exercise some form of portion control, whether that be counting calories, going by hand portions, eating just until you are full, following the government portion guidelines etc 2. A diet, for optimal health, and for disease prevention, needs to be made up largely of whole foods 80-90% of the time Fruits, vegetables, healthy proteins, good fats, whole food carbohydrates like potatoes and oats, fish or fish oil 3. Get variety throughout your diet, lots of plants, lots of colour, lots of different fats (focus more on monounsaturated and omega 3) and eat where you can with the seasons 4. Exercise, this helps the body in so many ways its a whole different topic in and of itself, but get a decent amount of exercise every week, which you enjoy, and dont go overboard, its just as much of a stress as not enough exercise 5. Live as low a stress life as possible, be happy, move, don't try do too much and be everything to everyone, don't work to hard if you can, get lots of sleep, stay hydrated, have balance, take appropriate amounts of time off to re-charge, and value your health! While the experts might disagree on some of the fine detail, we know 90-95% of the picture, so let's follow that and we are 95% there... Let's not over complicate nutrition, let's simplify it
Colon C - The Journey
Read about our family's fight.
Find out more about Colon Cancer.
Preventable. Treatable. Beatable.
Each year more than 145,000 people are diagnosed with colorectal cancer, in the U.S. and almost 50,000 people die from it annually.
Tags5k birthday body image bootcamp cancer cfi change charity christmas colon colon cancer crossfit diet eating exercise family Fitness/Exercise food games Giving Back gluten hannah health Health/Nutrition holiday inspire kids media nate notable news notable_news obesity paleo parenting plumbline race rest run running saturday snatch sunday w&od weekend workout