Why Are you Thinking About Quitting?
I know it’s now almost mid-January and some of you are out there –talking to yourself about giving up on your fitness goals and quitting whatever you committed to on the eve of Dec 31st. But really — Why are you quitting?
I came across this great post by CrossFit Everett: Quitting CrossFit. I know that I write a ton about CrossFit in this blog, but so much of what I talk about is applicable to LIFE.
I am a big proponent of one size does NOT fit all –and I get that some people may not take to CrossFit like some of us ‘crazies’ do. My point when I share this stuff is that you can insert whatever you want in place of it — You like Running, Yoga, Pilates, Zumba? That is your CrossFit — so whenever I share stories or info that seems CrossFit centric, feel free to substitute your own passion but don’t lose sight of the lesson.
“Pushing through the desire to quit, taking breaks as needed and learning how to keep going are some of the best lessons I’ve taken away from doing CrossFit, ones that apply to other areas in life as well.”
I am not always gung-ho about getting up at o’dark thirty and hitting the gym. Believe it or not, sleeping is one of my favorite pastimes. I can sleep anywhere and almost anytime. Love love love my naps. Sometimes to help me re-engergize and get reinspired, I think about all the things I love about being healthy and fit:
- I love the way I feel after my workouts
- I love getting to see my friends every morning
- I love the community aspect
- I love feeling like a bad ass before 7A
- I love feeling like I have challenged myself every day
- I love learning something new
- I love being free to try
- I love being able to inspire others
- I love being able to set an example for my kiddos
- I love meeting new people
- I love sharing my story
- I love being able to share my experience and knowledge to improve others’ lives
- I love wearing cute workout clothes
- I love how toned I look
- I love the feeling of sore
- I love the feeling of constant progress
- I love the stress decreasing properties of working out
- I love laughing a lot
- it’s the best part of my day often
- and I love being known for how healthy and fit I am
If you give me time – I am sure I can double that list but it’s good to remind yourself why you get your ass up and to the gym. Our lives are so busy all the time and it’s easy to forget to take care of yourself, but you owe it to yourself and your family to do just that. And — Don’t QUIT!
- 9 Dead Lifts 135#
- 12 Push Ups
- 15 Box Jumps
rounds: 5+27 reps
I was doing a lot of hacking up my lungs with this one –still recovering from the flu so I was a bit slower than I like but got it done!